Master Class Registration
Scroll down to: Scholarship Application Instructions
Master Class is a rare opportunity for students to learn from our All Star Musicians!
Friday, October 11, 1 to 3 PM
Saturday, October 12, 9:30 to 11:30 AM
Summit Ballroom at the Antler’s Hotel
Friday session begins with a short individual student musician analysis, followed by break out instructions. Saturday includes individual and ensemble groups. The program is a great session of learning and sharing. Click on Musicians for pictures and bios of the Jazz Party musicians.
Plus: Students, parents and band instructors are invited to attend the Saturday afternoon Jazz Party performance from 1 to 5 PM. The Master Class and jazz party afternoon session is free.
To Register for the Master Class, complete the form below:
Scholarship Application Instructions
Friends of Colorado Springs Jazz has established a scholarship program for senior students enrolled in music in an El Paso County high school.
All applicants must follow these conditions to be eligible:
- Must be enrolled in the school music program in an El Paso High School.
- Participate in the Jazz Party Master Class. This year, 2019, the class is held on Friday, October 11 from 1 to 3 PM and Saturday, October 12, from 9:30-11:30 AM. This is a free class where student participants have the opportunity to perform for and receive instruction from world class professional musicians.
- Register by clicking the “Student Programs” section on the website www.csjazzparty.com. Complete the registration for the jazz party.
- Refer to our website, www.csjazzparty.com, for Instructions and Application form. PDF | Word.
- Provide a written recommendation from a music director or teacher that has been closely involved with developing your musical skills as part of the application.
- Submit a video of your performance via YouTube and provide the YouTube URL by December 31, 2019. This will be used by the committee reviewing your application.
- Provide a copy of your high school curriculum and grades.
- Submit a 200 to 300 word essay about why you are pursuing music.
- Submit a copy of your letter of intent to the college you intend to apply for admission.
- The application, recommendations and video will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
- Note: A letter of acceptance from the college/university will be required prior to payment.
- Mail all documents in one package to:
Friends of Colorado Springs Jazz
P.O. Box 2257
Colorado Springs, CO 80901
Colorado Springs Jazz Society is a 501©3 non-profit organization operating as Friends of Colorado Springs Jazz. Our Mission is to promote, inform and grow Classic Jazz throughout the community.
Call 719-471-3124 or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.